These are 100 things I learned on my mission. It was very hard for me to narrow it down to these 100 things because I learned so much.
1. If it is not edifying and a joyful experience than the spirit is not there. Take time to introspect/repent and seek another way.
2. Vision: Exaltation and Perfection
We are ACCOUNTABLE to the Lord for what we do with the opportunities we are given in this life.
3. Spiritual Creation – I am nothing without daily personal scripture study and plans for the next day. This brings power and purpose.
4. IF our behavior adheres to Eternal Principles (Christlike Attributes) then our personalities can be shaped to become a tool for the Spirit.
5. The worth of souls is GREAT in the sight of God. Seek to accept people for where they are and see and hold space for who they may become.
6. Faith, Love, and Obedience qualifies and changes us. These enable us to be lead by the Spirit in all that we do.
7. As I am selfless and pure in heart like the Savior is I can use my gifts, talents, and abilities to turn people to Him and open their hearts to His love and the testimony of the Spirit. This is what it means to be a Savior on Mount Zion.
8. Is it necessary, true, and kind? If not – DO NOT SAY IT!!!
9. ALWAYS expect miracles.
10. Counseling with each other enables unity, love and revelation. Always come ready to learn and willing to change.
11. Always hold a space for others to learn, grow, and rise to the next level. Remember people (especially men) rise to the level you expect them to.
12. Always have an open heart – ready and willing to receive.
13. Heavenly Father is a God of order. There is order in all things. Seek to be productive and purposeful with all the time that you have here.
14. Inspired questions come from the heart and invite the Spirit – they inspire learning and open peoples hearts for understanding.
15. As we serve the Lord with our whole heart and participate in the work of Salvation we experience a mighty change of heart and become converted.
16. Through Christ we have power to control our reactions and choose again. As we do this we develop self mastery and overcome the natural man.
17. Consistency = doing what needs to be done even when you don’t want to.
18. “A child that sings is a happy child.” -Sister Anderson
19. The work of the Lord is truly hastening.
20. Seek always to see others as their “highest true selves.”
21. “Adopt then adapt.” -President Anderson
22. Always seek to be a generous giver and a gracious receiver. All that is, is from God.
23. Seek to inspire rather than require.
24. The sacrament is the most important 15 minutes of every week. I want to always cherish and come prepared to renew my covenants by worthily partaking the sacrament and focusing my thoughts on the Savior.
25. “Remember those ‘Sacred Grove’ moments.” -President Anderson. We must always remember and cherish those moments when we feel God’s love and see His hand in our lives.
26. “We all need heroes to honor and admire; we all need people after whom we can pattern our lives.” -President Spencer W. Kimball
27. Covenants and commitments give life to knowledge, without the covenant or commitment knowledge is useless ornamentation.
28. “If ye believe these things – see that ye do them.” -Mosiah 4:10 True understanding comes as we apply what we believe.
29. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. We show our love for God by emulating His Son.
30. Obedience is the first law in Heaven. It is how we show our love for God.
31. Validation – we all seek for and need validation. We give validation by listening, loving, and building those we are around.
32. “Persistence is the answer and a sense of humor helps.” – Quinton L. Cook. Never give up and never stop laughing.
33. Sanctification comes as we yield to the promptings of the Spirit. This is how we experience a mighty change of heart.
34. Lift where you stand! This is how we do what has never been done before.
35. “The peace of the Lord makes fresh my heart.” -How can I keep from Singing
36. “Make a point not to be the greatest, but to be among the greatest.” -Bishop Brown
37. There is no room in the Kingdom of Heaven for sarcasm, offense, or assuming.
38. Charity NEVER Faileth.
39. There is a man out there prepared by God to be my companion for eternity.
40. We don’t have the agency to break the commandments. As we break the commandments we lose our precious ability to choose.
41. Faith in the Lord also means trust in His timing.
42. We prepare to receive further instruction, revelation, and guidance from the Lord by applying what we have received.
43. When we choose to follow God we choose to gain more agency, but when we choose the adversary’s path we choose to limit and even eliminate our agency.
44. “Obedience without your heart is just a worthless sacrifice.” -Sister Anderson
45. The greatest growth comes in the midst of difficulty and trial.
46. “Consecration is the only surrender that is also a victory.” -Elder Maxwell
47. “Character is the ability to carry out a worthy decision after the emotion of making that decision has passed.” -Hyrum Smith
48. Missions are 1.5-2 year role plays for our lives and for eternity. My mission not only changed my life but also my eternity.
49. Daily Decisions Determine Destiny. Our choices today influence where we are tomorrow.
50. Speaking kind words knits hearts together.
51. “…Dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.” -Ether 12:6
52. Bridling passions creates love and unity – letting go of the reigns breeds hate and enmity. See Alma 38:12
53. In times of trial never allow yourself to ask “why”, rather ask Heavenly Father what it is that you need to learn from the experiences and keep moving forward with faith.
54. Sincere consideration is a prerequisite for discernment.
55. A person to be loved is more important than a problem to be solved.
56. Vulnerability and discomfort are necessary for growth.
57. Keeping a record of the revelation you have received from God shows Him how much you treasure it.
58. Record keeping keeps us accountable and enables us to see things as they really are.
59. The Lord changes our hearts and purifies our desires as we come unto Him. See Moroni 10:32-33
60. “True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.” -Elder Boyd K Packer
61. The WHY transforms, the WHAT informs, and the HOW enables us to change.
62. Hold on to the WHY, let go of the HOW and go out and DO!
63. Good things are ALWAYS on their way – God is in control.
64. “Sanctify yourselves; for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.”
65. Stress = Work Level + Laughing = Good Stress
66. Hope is sure, unwavering, and active. It enables us to be steadfast and immovable.
67. “I have an incredible God.” -Tosha. Our God is truly loving and mindful of each and every one of us. We are his children and he is Father.
68. Mercy and Justice: Mercy cannot rob justice, both enable us to have faith, repent, make covenants, have the Spirit and return to live with God.
69. A trial of faith is more precious than gold.
70. Humility is the key to working with anyone through the Spirit.
71. Peace = Heavenly Father approves and is pleased = vertical praise. This is what I yearn and seek for each and every day.
72. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven.
73. Heavenly Father grants me every single righteous desire of my heart. “Ask and ye shall receive.”
74. Music brings peace and has power to change us.
75. Seek first to understand then to be understood.
76. Consideration!! Seek to love and serve everyone – especially those closest to you.
77. Heavenly Father will always give us all the tools, gifts, talents, and abilities to the work He has called us to do.
78. Learn -> Do -> Become! – Elder Oaks
79. Laughter brings joy, creates memories and my highest form of stress relief.
80. Humility = not thinking less of yourself, but less about yourself.
81. We have help on both sides of the veil.
82. Happiness and peace are found in the moment.
83. With Christ I can do ALL things – including living and working with girls.
84. Humility enables learning and growing at an accelerated rate because it turns us to God and opens our hearts.
85. Obedience brings blessings and exact obedience produces MIRACLES!
86. Be real and transparent with people – no “dancing around the bush.”
87. “Talk to me Goose.” – I am a big believer in open and honest communication.
88. Open communication enables everyone to be on the same page and united in purpose.
89. Act immediately on ALL promptings.
90. Yield to the Spirit – be patient and allow the Spirit to work through you. Yes that means you must be comfortable with silence.
91. Keep It Simple Stupid! Simplicity brings clarity and conversion.
92. True joy and happiness are found as we lose ourselves in the Lord’s work and in His service.
93. Miracles happen everyday.
94. The Lord never gives us more than we can handle. He will never forsake us.
95. Heavenly Father hears and answers each and every single one of our prayers.
96. Time flies when you are having fun – cherish every moment. Don’t wish away a single second.
97. There is balance in all things – balance brings harmony, happiness, and peace.
98. “How great reason we have to rejoice!” Joy is found in sharing the gospel!
99. The Lord always qualifies those he calls to His work – we are all called to build His kingdom wherever we are.
100. As we have faith in Jesus Christ ALL things are possible.